Seems like winter is settling in. I know that a lot of dogs stay in the house,but for those that are outside. Now would be a good time to check out their living quarters.

A good door flap to minimize the draft is essential. Also a small entry porch with a turn into a sleeping area is a great way to you. Also adding a light bulb for those really cold nites is a good idea.

Insulate the house.

For those who have snow, packing the house in snugs them up.

Keep the house size small relative to the dogs size.Never any higher than the height of the dog.

Let keep our best friend comfy ...

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

Your dog is your best hunting buddy. Please take good care of them!!

Also, 

It is a good idea to install a water bucket heater to ensure their water does not freeze. Dehydration is a serious problem in the winter time.

thats a great suggestion , when I housed my beagles I used to put the water dish in the porch of dog house. I could gage the cold by the water in the dish. It never would get cold enough to freeze it. off the porch I had a port hole they would go thru into the nest area.The port hole was raised and that way the straw would stay in house longer

But a bucket heater would serve to heat the house thru convection.

another cold snap. Please make sure our hunting buddies are protected from the cold. !!

Wouldn't hurt to take them inside in the real deep cold weather.

RSS

BLUE RIDGE HAS THEIR NEW ONLINE STORE SET UP, NEW PRODUCTS ADDED EVERYDAY, CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW AND CHECK IT OUT
Blue Ridge
524 Main Street Lewisporte, NL, Phone:709.535.6675,709.535.6555, Fax:709.535.6042

COMPLETE GUN REPAIR INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE 71 O'LEARY AVENUE ST. JOHN'S, NL TEL:709-747-0865 FAX:709-738-6313 completegunrepairs@gmail.com
Coastal Boats Available At
Atlantic Recreaction
17 Corey King Drive
Mount Pearl, NL
A0A 2A0
Phone:709.739.6662

http://www.atlanticrecreation.com

Blue Water Marine & Equipment Ltd.

16 Allston Street

Kenmount Road Business Park
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 0A4
Tel: (709) 782-3200