Topics : 
Department of Natural Resources ,Springdale , Fleur De Lys , Baie Verte

A total of $11,000 in fines was handed out to nine people for big game violations following investigations by conservation officers with the Department of Natural Resources from offices in Springdale and Baie Verte.

The charges were laid under the Wildlife Act.

Two individuals from Fleur De Lys appeared in provincial court in Baie Verte on Jan. 5 and were convicted of applying for a big game licence while being under a five-year big game hunting prohibition. One individual was fined $1,000 while the other received a fine of $3,000. Both are prohibited from holding a big game licence for a further five years.

Five people from the areas of Pilley’s Island and Triton appeared in provincial court at Springdale on Jan. 4. Each person was fined $1,000 for illegal possession of big game and is prohibited from holding a big game licence for five years. Four quarters of moose meat were forfeited to the Crown.

As well, two individuals recently appeared in provincial court in Springdale — one received a $1,000 fine for transporting untagged moose meat, while the second individual received a $1,000 fine for illegal possession of moose meat. Both hunters are now prohibited from holding a big game licence for five years. Four quarters of moose meat and a firearm were forfeited to the Crown.

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks good on them! 
It goes to show that if you don't follow the law's and rules for hunting,YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE.

I think thier problem is Greed. The rest of us have to apply for a licence and wait anywhere from 3 to 5 years for a licence. Sometimes it takes even longer. Some people think they can take what they want, when they want and every once in a while the Wildlife catches up with the poachers and bang they loose everything. The truck, the quad, rifle, hunting privilages and the bonus, a $1000 ticket they can't win on. Then you hear them singing the poor me blues. Simply fix, if you don't want to loose everything, don't brake the law.

When you compare the cost of everything you lost to a deep freezer full of poached moose, to me it don't make sense. But what do I know, I wait 5 years for a moose licence.

RSS

BLUE RIDGE HAS THEIR NEW ONLINE STORE SET UP, NEW PRODUCTS ADDED EVERYDAY, CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW AND CHECK IT OUT
Blue Ridge
524 Main Street Lewisporte, NL, Phone:709.535.6675,709.535.6555, Fax:709.535.6042

COMPLETE GUN REPAIR INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE 71 O'LEARY AVENUE ST. JOHN'S, NL TEL:709-747-0865 FAX:709-738-6313 completegunrepairs@gmail.com
Coastal Boats Available At
Atlantic Recreaction
17 Corey King Drive
Mount Pearl, NL
A0A 2A0
Phone:709.739.6662

http://www.atlanticrecreation.com

Blue Water Marine & Equipment Ltd.

16 Allston Street

Kenmount Road Business Park
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 0A4
Tel: (709) 782-3200