Global Television Cancels Hunting Shows from its 2013 line-up

I'm on the the Canada In The Rough email list, and I got this last night:

Global Television Cancels Hunting Shows from its 2013 line-up

It is with great sadness that we announce the very unfortunate decision by Global Television/Shaw Media to cancel all hunting shows on Global and the Shaw affiliate networks.

Canada in the Rough™ has been airing for 8 years on Global Television and we've had a tremendous experience doing it. We want to thank all of you for your support throughout the years and as much as we hate to say goodbye, we have no choice. Canada in the Rough™, Canada's most-watched hunting show, will be pulled off Global Television after December 30, 2012.

Our hunting heritage is under constant attack by those who have forgotten that hunting is at the root of human existence and still the most valuable and effective tool in wildlife management.

If you wish to share your thoughts with Global regarding this decision, please email viewercontact@globaltv.com as well as glynnis.prystae@sjrb.ca and greg.mclelland@shawmedia.ca or call 1-877-307-1999.

Please remember to enjoy the greatness of Canada and be proud of your hunting heritage.

Sincerely,
Keith Beasley, Paul Beasley & Kevin Beasley
Executive Producers

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got mad, sent this to the 3 email contacts at Global/Shaw:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was shocked and saddened by Global TV/Shaw Media’s inexplicable and incredibly bad decision to cancel all hunting-related programming for the 2013 lineup. Hunting is a proud Canadian tradition, and speaking on behalf of the millions of hunters who take to the field every year, I am outraged. I can only assume that this poor decision was the result of some sort of campaign by a closed minded and short-sighted radical anti-hunting group who wouldn’t know the first thing about TRUE wildlife conservation, the great good done by hunters for the environment and the economy, or the benefits of the hunting lifestyle.

I invite you to pick up any copy of the dozens of hunting magazines you find in any stores, or actually watch any hunting TV series to broaden your horizons and gain a bit of perspective. Hunting is as natural a thing for humans as it is for lions, tigers or bears. Aside from which, hunters do wonderful things for conservation. Where do you think the government gets much of the money they use for their conservation programs for habitat? Here's a hint: they wear camo or blaze orange. A lot of that money comes from the sale of hunting licenses and tags. So much so, in fact, that these programs would be in serious trouble without it. Hunters and hunting organizations are frequently at the forefront of efforts to save wild spaces from ruthless industrial development, urban encroachment, habitat loss and poaching. Simply put, hunters are the ultimate conservationists. Given that those who actually frequent and use wild spaces are invariably the first to recognize and call attention to threats to those spaces, this only makes sense. Hunters always have, and always will, do far more for conservation and the environment than any small-minded, emotion-driven “animal rights” activists and their childish rhetoric ever have. Add to this the fact that hunters inject millions of dollars into the economy every year, and that the hunting industry creates and sustains tens of thousands of jobs (both directly and indirectly), and you begin to get some sense of just how beneficial and indispensable hunters and hunting are. This is our tradition, this is our right, and we are deeply proud to call ourselves hunters.

I ask those responsible for programming at Global TV/Shaw Media to immediately reverse this outrageous decision, and re-add hunting-related programming to the 2013 lineup (and beyond). If this is not done then I fear my longtime viewership of Global TV will come to an end, as I cannot, in good conscience, continue to support a broadcaster who refuses to support its viewership, and bows so readily to pressure from a small number of fringe radicals. I strongly suspect that I will not be alone in this decision, and that Global TV/Shaw Media is about to alienate hunters nationwide if they do not come to their senses.

Respectfully,

Christopher Paddock

St. John’s, NL

We will have to fight this!!!

This is another attack on hunters by groups that only care about how much money they can make for themselves. It seems there are lots of people with more money than brains. If we soon don't take a stand, it will be us one of these days!!!

Just sent Global a e-mail.  Not good!!

Good stuff! I recommend that everyone do this.

Sending off an e-mail too!  Decisions like these make me sick to my stomach.  We as responsible hunters need to take a stand and highlight all of the good things we contribute...

Facebook page dedicated to reversing Global/Shaw's decision:

Stop Shaw Media and Global TV's Anti-Hunting Agenda

If you're on Facebook, go give it a like, share it and comment. Let your voice be heard!

WELL SAID PADDOCK , I am a long time viewer of these programs ,and a boycott sounds like a good idea....!

RSS

BLUE RIDGE HAS THEIR NEW ONLINE STORE SET UP, NEW PRODUCTS ADDED EVERYDAY, CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW AND CHECK IT OUT
Blue Ridge
524 Main Street Lewisporte, NL, Phone:709.535.6675,709.535.6555, Fax:709.535.6042

COMPLETE GUN REPAIR INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE 71 O'LEARY AVENUE ST. JOHN'S, NL TEL:709-747-0865 FAX:709-738-6313 completegunrepairs@gmail.com
Coastal Boats Available At
Atlantic Recreaction
17 Corey King Drive
Mount Pearl, NL
A0A 2A0
Phone:709.739.6662

http://www.atlanticrecreation.com

Blue Water Marine & Equipment Ltd.

16 Allston Street

Kenmount Road Business Park
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 0A4
Tel: (709) 782-3200