Let's stick to the Facts and not let emotion run rampant. The facts as I see it is that it is an expensive venture that did nothing to prevent the crimes it was supposed to! But, What do think?

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

vote to end the registry goes down the tubes. As a gun owner your still have fewer rights than those who don"t
Hope the next time you apply for your fac and they ask
That you remember that for any other application that you will fill out these questions have been ruled as unconstitutional. And you remember which party thinks you should anser them even if you dont have a criminal record.

During the past five (5) years, have you threatened or attempted suicide, or have you suffered from or been diagnosed or
treated by a medical practitioner for: depression; alcohol, drug or substance abuse; behavioural problems; or emotional
problems?

During the past two (2) years, have you experienced a divorce, a separation, a breakdown of a significant relationship,
job loss or bankruptcy?

Within the last two (2) years have you lived in a conjugal relationship
other than with the person you may have referred to in question 17 a) above

I WILL....
If the signature of your current spouse, common-law or other conjugal partner is not provided,
the Chief Firearms Officer has a duty to notify them of your application

many of the questions asked have been ruled as unconstitutional by Canadians filling other applications.

When watching the news pay attention when charges are laid how many include violations of the Gun act.
The fact that you have a gun is probable cause to search your house without a warrant.When they get in they are almost guaranteed to find something.Almost no one is storing guns and ammo in accordance with the act.
How many people have a shotshell sitting on the sink or in a pocket.That is a breach of the act.!!!
In Canada if you own a gun you do not have the rights of a person who doesn't.

Even a convicted child molester who does not own a gun. He would have more rights than you.
and all our Nfld Liberal member in the House of Commons thinks this is ok.
problem is that most gun owners are in violation of the act for storage of guns and shells and dont know it.
So true! It sickens me to think that because we are gun owners, that people think it is okay to infringe on our constitutional rights!
Is it just me, or does anyone else see it to be a conflict of interest for the Association of Police Chiefs to accept donations from the software company who run the long gun registry! And, then tout that it is the best thing since sliced bread!
as gun owners we are lumped in with the crooks . Somehow they think that making me jump thru all the gun loops with reduce the inner city crime which is largely done with handguns whose registery dates wayyyy back. By the way..THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A CRIME SOLVED IN CANADA USING THE HANDGUN REGISTRY> NOT A SINGLE ONE>

The gun registry does nothing but give false security to the average person who has no idea what it REALLY is and thats a wasta of money.

Over 900 RCMP Officers work at the gun registry.A Major employer for the Miramache region.Just another way Government is wasting your hard earned tax money. And another reason we have GST
Could not have said it better myself! Great Job, Fred! Wish we had Politicians with half the gumption as you!
you hit the nail on the head, Fred! that was the most concise, correct, statement on the registry I have heard. Ed
politicians by nature want to sit on the fence. Everything is a compromise.
The problem is that we as gun owners are complacent in letting them know where we stand. Then we turn around and vote for them becuase of whatever party they belong to.( anything but PC)

My MP is Scott Andrews, I was in touch with him all through this process ( and in all fairness he always returned my calls) but once Ignatief cracked the whip .Scott had to vote with the party, that was his way out.

People in many ways are like dogs in that they will normally do whats best for them. In this case he must be told the consequences of his vote. This issue is far from dead.It failed to pass by only 2 votes.Our challenge as gun owners is to make sure all our Liberals know who put them there. And for most part I believe rural canada is against the registry.

We elected him and its his job to represent our views.Not his leaders.

Theres a lesson in this for everyone. This not only applies to Gun Registry but on every issue where the people who elect these guys views differ from the party view.

Tomorrow everyone should be emailing thier members and telling them that they are not pleased. ( I already have) to do nothing is to lay down and let this happen. And that is just wrong
Can't believe the motion to stop the gun registry was defeated! The bill was defeated 153 to 151! Sad day for gun owners!! All we can do not is wait for an election and vote conservative and Get the bill revisited and squashed!!
Despite the overwhelming voices of common Canadians accross the country, the following MPs ignore the will of their consitituents and vote in favour of keeping the long gun registry:

Larry Bagnell, Lib, Yukon
Fin Donnelly, NDP, BC
Keith Martin, Lib, BC
Charlie Angus, NDP, ON
Carol Hughes, NDP, ON
Claude Gravelle, NDP, ON
Anthony Rota, Lib, ON
Malcom Allen, NDP, ON
Jim Karygiannis, Lib, ON
Albina Guarnieria, Lib, ON
Todd Russel, Lib, Labrador
Scott Simma, Lib, gander
Andrew Scott, Lib, Avalon
Jean-Claude Damours, Lib, Madawaska
Wayne Easter, Lib, Malpeque
Peter Stoffer, NDP, Sackville

We shall remember those who defy the voters and abuse the trust of their consitituents
Danny had the ABC let's have The ABL

RSS

BLUE RIDGE HAS THEIR NEW ONLINE STORE SET UP, NEW PRODUCTS ADDED EVERYDAY, CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW AND CHECK IT OUT
Blue Ridge
524 Main Street Lewisporte, NL, Phone:709.535.6675,709.535.6555, Fax:709.535.6042

COMPLETE GUN REPAIR INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE 71 O'LEARY AVENUE ST. JOHN'S, NL TEL:709-747-0865 FAX:709-738-6313 completegunrepairs@gmail.com
Coastal Boats Available At
Atlantic Recreaction
17 Corey King Drive
Mount Pearl, NL
A0A 2A0
Phone:709.739.6662

http://www.atlanticrecreation.com

Blue Water Marine & Equipment Ltd.

16 Allston Street

Kenmount Road Business Park
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 0A4
Tel: (709) 782-3200