So what is everybody favorite way to fish? Me, I like to troll the ponds early in the season for the big browns, and fish near the mouths of the rivers for the brook trout. Sea trout I like to use a bell sinker and bait, either worms or sea lice, and also take alot of nice trout on a pink nail.   

Views: 128

Replies to This Discussion

Well Dave, while your way of fishing is OK. me myself gotta say nothing beats the sun rise standing over a sweet salmon pool up to the go-nads in cold water,drifting a #8 white thunder and lighting across the current. half hitch knot tied behind the eye of course ha-ha. i don't think nothing can beat that. who is with me???

While that sounds pretty damn sweet Allan first part of the run,I get a little bored of releasing salmon late July though ...think i would trade it for stripping a dry down across a run possibly holding a 4-5lb brookie then :-)
Well see there ol john boy, with trout like that i`d be right next to ya. only prob here in central is if u can manage to hook a 5 inch trout your doing good lol. either way all in all common with the fly fishin haha
with salmon runs like you guys have in central there is bound to be loads of good spots for big brookies when the timing is right..Sight fishing fanatic for the salmon myself...short line and swing it right across their nose..love the under the rod tip rise.
same thing dow around were we fish in the avalon sucks not being able to right the big fish :(
what part of newfoundland was this huge brookie cought in !?

West coast...get them all over the island like that in areas people arn't removing whole age classes of fish  by keeping limits of "pan trout" every time they go..It's a mentality/limit that has to change..I have seen photos from every part of the island of big trout all caught in low fishing pressure and/or sea run areas so fishing pressure is the main factor...if 3 fishing buddies keep a limit of pan trout each it doesnt take many over night trips to pull an entire age class of fish out of an area ....I have caught 2lb+ trout in ponds you could shoot a moose across from any side just because it was rarely fished....... a father son and wife dont need 36 trout for supper and frozen trout just isnt the same we all know it......If someone likes fish that much they could buy farm raised, its cheaper.... If catching 6 inch fish is a big thrill and accomplishment for someone they could go down on the wharf and catch conners much cheaper as well... catch your limit but limit your catch....Tight Lines

nicely said man ! nicely said i love fishin and i fish as much as i can havent came accros any big trout but im only 16 dont know many "rarley" trouted ponds dads showin me somethis summer im on the avalon , hopin to get a nice back country fishin trip sometime after school !, tight lines

BUT...until you try this racket you don't know what fun fishing on the rock is :-) tears the eyes off my rod and breaks 80lb line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhubl_ZIIhM
my favortie wa of fishin is stanind waste dep in a nice brook drifting me fly through the current and watchin the sea run or brookie hitting it early in the morning.

RSS

About

Edward Smith created this Ning Network.

BLUE RIDGE HAS THEIR NEW ONLINE STORE SET UP, NEW PRODUCTS ADDED EVERYDAY, CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW AND CHECK IT OUT
Blue Ridge
524 Main Street Lewisporte, NL, Phone:709.535.6675,709.535.6555, Fax:709.535.6042

COMPLETE GUN REPAIR INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE 71 O'LEARY AVENUE ST. JOHN'S, NL TEL:709-747-0865 FAX:709-738-6313 completegunrepairs@gmail.com
Coastal Boats Available At
Atlantic Recreaction
17 Corey King Drive
Mount Pearl, NL
A0A 2A0
Phone:709.739.6662

http://www.atlanticrecreation.com

Blue Water Marine & Equipment Ltd.

16 Allston Street

Kenmount Road Business Park
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 0A4
Tel: (709) 782-3200