Did You get a moose Licence For the season 2012/13?

What area did you get it for?

What sex did you get?

Views: 455

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

No luck this year for me, hopefully next year. Bear for the fall it is!

Seems as though the board is slanted to the avalon. Not a bad thing as I have no idea where to hunt on these parts, big game small game. Any help appreciated.

I have area 1 bull only

Unfortunately i did my course Dec 2nd and 3rd and the cut off was Nov 30th. So i didn't get an invite. But my Brother got one for area 40 i think. so might be making my way out there with him this fall. I don't know about what everyone else has heard, but i've noticed alot more people in lower pools are getting licences this year. i've heard of more people in pools 7 or 8 getting a licence than i have heard of people in higher pools. I'm hoping my wifes uncle gets one, he was in pool 4 and they always apply for salmonier line area.

Salmonier line got to be full of moose. In the morning on VOCM it is the most popular spot for the most moose sighting in the morning. It's not the same moose in the morning because they say there are four there now in one spot and just up the road there are 4 more. Must be a great spot for hunting moose.

Well last fall was my first ever hunting trip and in the matter of 2 hours we took our moose. My father-in-law says that over the last few years its getting harder to spot any but they always get one eventually. the spot where they go there is alot of woods clearing going on and they figure that's causing alot of the moose to stay hidden or is driving them out. But as long as i've been with my wife they've been getting a moose every year in the same area so there must be a few up there, hahaha.

yes i got one for area 34 ,either sex

45 either sex.

13 out of 14 years, I decided to advance 1 year.

Most first year applicants do get licenses my brother last year got one my first year this year didnt get one haha luck of the draw but about 8 first time hunters had one in my area last year 26 and 28, no moose for my family this year but a caribou either sex for my father in 64.  

Caribou are great to hunt. I would take that over moose any time. I did one caribou hunt and it was great, got a nice big stage, love it. Love to do it again. Good luck and take lots of pic's.lol

Gros Mourne was my area and for either sex

I was in Pool two(old system) and applied for Bonavista, Black River, Gambo, and Terra nova and never got one! Ive never got a moose
yet

That seems strange to me Jordan. Are you filling out the applications correctly. if so i would get in touch with someone at the office in Corner Brook where the draw takes place.

RSS

BLUE RIDGE HAS THEIR NEW ONLINE STORE SET UP, NEW PRODUCTS ADDED EVERYDAY, CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW AND CHECK IT OUT
Blue Ridge
524 Main Street Lewisporte, NL, Phone:709.535.6675,709.535.6555, Fax:709.535.6042

COMPLETE GUN REPAIR INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE 71 O'LEARY AVENUE ST. JOHN'S, NL TEL:709-747-0865 FAX:709-738-6313 completegunrepairs@gmail.com
Coastal Boats Available At
Atlantic Recreaction
17 Corey King Drive
Mount Pearl, NL
A0A 2A0
Phone:709.739.6662

http://www.atlanticrecreation.com

Blue Water Marine & Equipment Ltd.

16 Allston Street

Kenmount Road Business Park
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 0A4
Tel: (709) 782-3200