Did You get a moose Licence For the season 2012/13?

What area did you get it for?

What sex did you get?

Views: 451

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Yes i got mine iin area 31, bull only.

My wife got one for area 6 either sex, but we are not taking it. We don't need two moose.

WE are doing our part in SAVE OUR MOOSE

I just have to ask, why you would apply if you didn't plan on hunting. Why take the opportunity away from another hunter who may need the meat for the winter.

Well that was not her first choice. Area 6 is corner brook and i am not going there. First one on the list was area 31, she will be like me and wait for 4 years to get one in area 31. She was in pool 8 so who thought that she would get a moose licence this season???? I didn't. It was her first time applying for a licence and got one. What were the chances??

That's why.

I was not expecting to get one either. But i did. This time around i only waited 2 years to get another moose for area 31. So i will be taking mine and maybe the next time she gets one we will take that one then.

We didn't mean to take away any meat from anyone. It was just the luck of the draw.

Area 6 was here last choice.

Still doesn't make any sense to apply to an area in which you don't plan on going.  Why not just put into move up in the pool if you didn't want one for that area and knew you wouldn't get one for your first choice.

It just seems to me that there is no point in applying for an area that you have no intention of hunting.

I always apply for 1, 40 and 45 and make the trek across the island to home every fall. If I had no intention of going I would simply advance in the pool. Oh well different strokes for different folks. lol

I didn't see where yoyu can just advance up in the pool if i had to see that, that is what i would have done. I though that you had to apply each year. I will be doing that from now on.

Thanks for the tip.

No problem.  Also another tip if you didn't see the advance part. If you don't want a set of tags and are in a low pool take a look at the table in the guide. It will tell you lowest pool rewarded for the previous year.  Apply to area 35 or something. High amount of applications but low license's.

Then again you never know with todays draw. I was in pool 9 and did not expect to be successful for area 1. My father has been successful 8 years in a row now for area 40.

Man that's alot of moose hunting. But i bet it great fun to get one 8 years in a row, holy crap. Good luck on this years hunt.

Bull only area 35..

Area 40....Bull only.

either sex 31

RSS

BLUE RIDGE HAS THEIR NEW ONLINE STORE SET UP, NEW PRODUCTS ADDED EVERYDAY, CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW AND CHECK IT OUT
Blue Ridge
524 Main Street Lewisporte, NL, Phone:709.535.6675,709.535.6555, Fax:709.535.6042

COMPLETE GUN REPAIR INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE 71 O'LEARY AVENUE ST. JOHN'S, NL TEL:709-747-0865 FAX:709-738-6313 completegunrepairs@gmail.com
Coastal Boats Available At
Atlantic Recreaction
17 Corey King Drive
Mount Pearl, NL
A0A 2A0
Phone:709.739.6662

http://www.atlanticrecreation.com

Blue Water Marine & Equipment Ltd.

16 Allston Street

Kenmount Road Business Park
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 0A4
Tel: (709) 782-3200